Friday, January 27, 2012

Calgon – Take Me Away!

What a week it has been.  My son comes home sick from basketball practice on Monday with a stomach bug and was up most of the night.  He even missed school on Tuesday, which is game day, because he felt so bad.  I know he is sick when he says he cannot play basketball.  On Thursday morning, my husband came home early from work because he now had the stomach bug.  Who would its next victim be?  Well, this morning I found out.  It was me! Ugh!
There should be a law somewhere that says moms cannot get sick, ever.  When a mother is sick, the whole house seems to fall apart.  It is like everyone loses their brains and not sure what to do or how to function when you are sick. Sure I would like to spend a day in the bed watching television, but being sick to have a day like this is not my cup of tea.   
The only good part about being sick today is that I don’t have to miss any classes and I have the weekend to rest.  My only hope is that no one else comes down with it.  My youngest daughter, Sydnee, has a hard time getting over stuff like this.  All I can do is pray that the stomach bug has decided to move on and become someone else’s house guest. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, there should be a law against getting sick. It's funny, it seems like it always hits when you least want it too. I remember the first week of the semester I started having flu like symptoms. So what that we just had nearly an entire month off from classes, lets just go ahead and make him sick. The sad part about it was that it had been nearly two years since I had last been sick. Good thing that it only lasted for a couple of days. Hopefully, the same can be said for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with both of you, i am a mother also and it is true that when we get sick nothing gets done. I only have a three year old daughter and i cannot imagine all the work you do Amanda. Congratulations on going back to school, you are almost at the finish line. I also returned to school spring of 2011 so it has only been a year at Tx Wesleyan and there are days that i just feel like giving up. Working a full time job, being a wife a mom and a student is very exausting, but it will all pay off at the end. I hope to get my degree in Bilingual Education by Fall of 2013, lets see how that goes. I hope you feel alot better now and hope that bug doesn't visit us, becasue it seems like every day off i get i spend it at the Doctors office with my daughter... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sympathize with you, Amanda, for my husband woke up on Monday morning feeling really puny; he thought he may have gotten some bad shrimp, for we had eaten out over the weekend, but I assured him that it was not food poisoning, for it would have happened sooner. At any rate, he had the same stomach virus that you are describing. He felt lousy all day Monday, but I had an afternoon class and a night class, so I could not stay and pamper him. He was on his own, but he did not feel like eating anything anyway. By the time I got home Monday night he was feeling more like himself. Well, that lil' ol' bug was not happy just making one of us miserable. It woke me up at 1:00 a.m., and its message was loud and clear. However, I am a person who bites the proverbial bullet and still goes to work. I had a History of Rhetoric class at 10:50, and this early in the semester I do not want to miss any class, so I drug my poor weak body out of bed and went on to school. The bug had sneaked out of the house by that, ashamed of itself for making both of us sick , but I was so tired for I had not slept all night. But my students always energize me, so I felt better after I got to school, and I feel fine now. Hard to believe that I felt so horrible just a few hours ago. Hope that old bug is not looking for your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are feeling better. I suffered with that nasty visitor and sinuses all weekend. I finally started to feel among the living yesterday just in time for class. I am glad I do not have classes on Monday's or I could have been in trouble. I hope that your husband is feeling better too.

      Delete