Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Baby Boy is Growing Up!


This Saturday will be one of those milestones you think about when your kids are young.  My son will be attending his junior prom with his girlfriend.  The closer it gets, I feel myself becoming sappy and thinking back to when he started school.  As we sat in his room last night talking about prom, I told him not to be surprised if I am crying.  He was mortified at the thought this would ring true.  For months now, I have been teasing him about becoming a chaperone just so I can watch him at prom.  This went over like a lead balloon as you can imagine, so I will have to settle for lots of pictures ahead of time. 

Even though I am saddened by the thought of my baby boy going to prom, I know he will have a blast.  There will be a group of about 15 of his friends riding together in a limo.  Really, a limo?  I could have only hoped my parents would have sprung for a limo, but it just shows how times have changed. Honestly, I am happy he will be going in a limo.  At least I will not have to worry too much about him getting lost.  That would be a very unpleasant phone call to his girlfriend’s parents if they got lost.  Nonetheless, I know he and his girlfriend will make some amazing memorizes on their very special night.  


1 comment:

  1. It really shows how much you are involved in your kid’s life from your posts week to week. Honestly, I wish my parents were more like you when I was growing up. During my junior high and high school years, I made it my priority to distance myself from them as much as possible because at the time it was “not cool” to be hanging with your parents. Sure, we would have our conversations about school and the sports I was playing at the time, but never would they ask about my personal life or I tell them about it. In fact, when prom came around I never told them about it so the day just came and went without them ever knowing. I never did get to attend my high school prom, but that’s a whole other story that I don’t feel like getting into right now. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I commend you for being involved in your kids lives. Don’t ever let them act like I did during those years of my life, because although they might not admit it they do want and need their parents advice on life.

    ReplyDelete