Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One Scary Afternoon!

What an afternoon today was.  Mother Nature showed her powerful spender while spreading destruction and devastation across North Texas.  I am thankful that no one was seriously injured and all that was lost are things that can be replaced.  I was just watching on the news about a grandmother in Forney that held on to the feet of her grandson while a tornado ripped her house apart.  I could only imagine the thoughts going through her mind at that very moment.  Not only was she trying to save her grandson, there were two other children in the tub with her during this time.  The grandmother was able to hold on and her grandson only had scratches to show for his terrifying ordeal. 
I cannot help to think when my children were born and the vow I made to do anything to protect and care for them.  They are the ultimate gift from God and I will do everything in my power to keep them safe from all harm.  As I was sitting here thinking about today’s events, I could not help to think about the mother in AL or MS that used herself to shield her children from a tornado not too long ago.  She was willing to sacrifice herself to protect them.  In the process she lost both of her legs, but her children were unharmed.  The love of a mother exceeds all including Mother Nature.  We do not spend nine months caring a new life around not to have the fight needed to protect them at all cost.  I am proud to share the same rank as all mothers out there, especially these mothers.  It gives a new meaning to being a “Super Mom.”       

1 comment:

  1. That was a scary afternoon. I have a friend in Arlington whose apartment complex took the brunt of the tornado. Although the damage done to the building was devastating, luckily nothing happened to him. He is in the process of relocating which he has been meaning to do, so I guess that’s a positive. But the worst part of the situation is that his car got totaled. A van that was parked several parking spots away from him was picked up by the tornado and dropped on his car. When he told me that I had a realization of how destructive Mother Nature can be.

    ReplyDelete